Monday, March 18, 2013

Officially published!



At long last, I am officially a published author/illustrator. My children's book "Basel Bear's Big Birthday Bash"(http://www.amazon.com/Basel-Bears-Birthday-Bash-ebook/dp/B00BVG8L2Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1363590112&sr=1-1)has been published to Amazon and is available for the Kindle Fire for the low, low price of $2.99!

Originally, I had planned to have Basel ready for sale in December of last year, but various obstacles delayed the final publication. Some of those obstacles were my fault (movies that needed watching, books needing to be read), but there was at least one month when I was unable to work due to  inclement weather (I work by natural light, and it was overcast/raining at least 4 straight weekends).

Never-the-less, the book is finally finished. Publishing it was a giant leap for me. Just a little more than a year ago, I was ready to throw in the towel and give up trying to be a professional artist. Now, I have so many ideas and projects I want to work on that I hardly know where to start. There will certainly be more books in my future, possibly even an app. I am also setting up an Etsy shop to sell both prints and original artwork, as well as providing a place to purchase a printed version of the book.

For now, trot yourself on over to Amazon, and take a look. Feel free to leave a review. Thanks in advance for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment