Monday, November 21, 2011

First posting

Ok, I know, you're probably wondering "How many blogs does this girl thinks she needs?". Well, given the nature of my other blog, I thought it was probably a good idea to have a separate place to view my kid friendly work. This is where I will send Art Directors and publishers I hope to work with someday in the children's book field.

Many of you will recognize the work from my first few postings, but new work will be posted soon, so just bear with me!



This drawing was done for an Art Order Challenge (http://theartorder.com/). The contest was to do an illustration from a Grimm's fairy tale. I chose The Raven. The story behind the image is a queen gets tired of her crying child. She looks out the window and sees a flock of ravens passing, and decides to throw her daughter out the window. The little girl turns into a bird and flies away. I didn't win the challenge, but I really liked the piece.










No comments:

Post a Comment